Bolingbroke sunflowers draw in many admirers | Environment
Few flowers command as much attention as thousands of sunflowers growing in a field, and Henry Davis’ 30-acre sunflower field is commanding attention. The traffic slows down as folks drive by his farm on Highway 41 in Bolingbroke to catch a glimpse of the spectacular display of over a half a million sunflowers.
This is the second year Henry has planted the field. He begins planting around the first of May. Around July 1st the sunflowers begin to bloom, and they will last until around August 1st. Henry hopes to make the sunflower field an annual tradition.
Upcoming Events near Forsyth-Monroe
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Downtown Macon Second Street Corridor Project underway
- Iconic downtown Macon restaurant reopens Aug. 13
- Former 13WMAZ anchor files whistleblower lawsuit against Ga. National Guard
- Small Grease Fire at Fincher's Barbecue
- Macon hosted its first sponsorship by giving away backpacks loaded with school supplies.